Stand with Senator Cornyn today in his fight against ObamaCare by lending your name to his petition below!Senator Cornyn believes we must try to repeal ObamaCare and at the same time dismantle it piece by piece. Senator Cornyn on Defunding ObamaCare He has voted to fully defund and repeal the legislation every time it has come up for a vote.
- De-Fund ObamaCare - Senator Cornyn believes Senator Ted Cruz's bill to defund ObamaCare is the best option out there, and Senator Cornyn signed on as an original co-sponsor of the bill.
- Prevent the IRS from enforcing ObamaCare - Senator Cornyn has sponsored a bill that would prohibit the IRS from enforcing ObamaCare.
- Delay the Individual Mandate - Doing this would effectively stop ObamaCare from being implemented. We need a permanent delay of the individual mandate.
- Full Repeal - Senator Cornyn has co-sponsored multiple bills that would fully repeal ObamaCare, and he has voted for repeal every time it has come up for a vote.
- S.3152: A bill to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Sponsor: Sen DeMint, Jim [SC] (introduced 3/23/2010)
- S.192: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act. Sponsor: Sen DeMint, Jim [SC] (introduced 1/26/2011)
- S.177: ObamaCare Repeal Act. Sponsor: Sen Cruz, Ted [TX] (introduced 1/29/2013)
- S.1292: A bill to prohibit the funding of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Sponsor: Sen Cruz, Ted [TX] (introduced 7/11/2013)
- Amendment to the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act. Sponsor: Sen McConnell, Mitch [KY] (submitted 2/1/2011) (proposed 2/1/2011)
- Amendment to the Continuing Resolution. (Senator Cornyn cosponsored) Sponsor: Sen Cruz, Ted [TX] (submitted 3/12/2013) (proposed 3/13/2013)
- Amendment to the Budget Resolution. (Senator Cornyn cosponsored) Sponsor: Sen Cruz, Ted [TX] (submitted 3/20/2013) (proposed 3/21/2013)
By all accounts, the IRS is in charge of enforcing ObamaCare. Under the law, Americans will be required to report to the IRS whether or not we are insured and, in return, the IRS will tax us accordingly. This raises an obvious question: Do we trust the IRS to implement this law — the most partisan in recent memory — with evenhanded fairness? I do not. To that end, I introduced a bill in May that would deny the IRS the authority to implement ObamaCare. This week, I submitted this legislation as an amendment to the appropriations bill currently pending before the Senate.Read Senator Cornyn's full thoughts on the IRS involvement in ObamaCare here.